Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dad Joins Chloe and Mom in Argentina




I've been back home for a couple of days after a great week in Buenos Aires with Jeanine and Chloe. Buenos Aires is a beautiful city with a relaxed and warm culture. We enjoyed some of the best-tasting steak and excellent Malbec wines. (The steak is so good that even Jeanine was regularly ordering it. I never thought I'd see the day...) We checked out many of the city's neighborhoods, with Palermo and San Telmo being my favorites. Chloe loved the many parks throughout the city. Each time we passed one, she loudly requested to "play." She is getting very good with her words. I was amazed after being away from her for two weeks how quickly she was progressing. Being around Jackie and Logan, who are both very good with their words, was helpful for her. Chloe was also very good at the restaraunts we went to throughout the week. She loves to color and play with Play-Dough. Another favorite of hers is of course gellato, especially on the hot days.
By the time I arrived, Jeanine and Chloe knew their way around the city very well. Jeanine is quite good at using her limited Spanish to get around. The locals (portenas) certainly appreciated her efforts at using their language. I, being the lazy American, simply attached a vowel to English words ("foodo," "parko" " where is there an ATM-o?") which was sometimes met with blank stares. By the end the end though, I knew the basics.
Chloe and Jeanine return on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to seeing them as are Zim and Pepper. Zim has been especially bummed out since they left. Pepper, a little less so. I think she is enjoying the "vacation" of no tail-pulling. A special thanks to Tanya who took care of Zim and Pepper while I was away. We really owe you one!
I'm working on a video from my trip which I should be able to post soon.


No comments: