Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Page Out of Mom's Journal

7am - wake up, shower, make coffee, get ready for work.
8am - Chloe still sleeping...
Finn's nanny arrives, orientation.
8:30am - wake up chloe for school, already half hour late.
8:45am - throw 2 pieces of toast in toaster, Chloe eats it with Marmite (YEA, a true Brit at heart), get Chloe dressed, grab her lunch, my pump, and school bag, walk dog.
9am - run out the door, drive Chloe to school, miss the drive thru drop off so have to park in garage, walk Chloe to her class. DARN*&#*@, I left my purse at home.
Run back to car, cruise home, throw car on hazards, run up the stairs, call to nanny it's me so I don't completely freak her out, grab purse and run back down the stairs.
9:30am - fly to work, realize I don't have time to park in the free lot and walk 15 minutes.
Park at a meter outside work, determined not to get my 10th ticket, run to bank, get a roll of quarters. Head in to work.
9:45am - work work work, feed meter, work work work, feed meter, work work work, feed meter.
2:00pm - last appointment runs late, email preschool to say I'm running 30 minutes behind, run out the door to pick up Chloe, on way call nanny to let her I'll be late.
2:30pm - head home to relieve nanny
2:30pm- play, groceries
6:30PM - baths, dinners, bedtime stories.
8:00pm - screaming fit
9:00pm - screaming fit stops, mom sits down....ahhhhhh.
9:05pm - DARN, there' s no more tequila
10:00pm - clean up kitchen
10:30pm - bed
12:00am - Finn's awake
2:00am - Finn's awake
6:00am - Finn's awake
6:50am - Chloe's up.
7:00am - pause for my caffeine fix and breath a sigh of relief...it's Wednesday, pizza day, ahhhh, no need to pack a lunch today.
Make breakfast, get everyone dressed.
8:15am - pack up car and kiddos, head to school.
8:16am - ....realize it's Thursday, Pizza Day was yesterday....

No comments: